Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Tamales!






This has to be the best tradition ever! I have made tamales only a few times in my life and this Christmas I had the opportunity to make them with the wonderful Enriquez family. I saw how they all worked together to make this delicious meal for their family. It was awesome! Everyone had a specific job that was equally important. I looked back at the traditions in my family, and even though we didn't make tamales every Christmas, we had a tradition that brought us those same feelings. We had family night every Monday in which we shared a small spiritual thought, sang songs, played a game and ate a sweet snack. We each had our own job to fufill and I can remember that those were the moments where I learned the gospel of Christ. What we did brought us together as a family and helped us to grow closer to the Lord. Making tamales at Christmas is a tradition that I think I may want to have, but I know that without a doubt, one tradition that I will have is to create those sweet moments with my family, moments in which we read the scriptures, sing, and humbly pray, growing together in our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I am glad that we each have our own traditions in our families, it is what makes the holiday seaon so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it so much! what do you do for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete