Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hello! I am on a mission serving the Lord in the California Santa Rosa Mission. I was called by a prophet of God to proclaim the gospel in Spanish to the people in this area. I have also been assigned to be an online proselyting missionary and have been one for the past week .
   Not going to lie, when I received this assignment along with 17 other missionaries, I thought automatically of others who would be better suited for this assignment. I am not the best at handling a computer and I'm an okay writer.
    I am weak! This is completely out of my comfort zone and far beyond my understanding. Having been on a mission and therefore having not used a computer for the past 10 months, with the only exception of emailing my family once a week, I felt completely overwhelmed. I had no idea how to start. Or how to do anything for that matter. Then in my mind popped my favorite scripture that is in Alma 26: 11-12:
 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things...
   I know that to be true. In the hardest times of my life, where I could no longer go on, when I felt inadequate and humbled to the ground, the Lord has helped me. He has given me His strength to do all that He has asked me to do. Like in the Book of Mormon when Nephi was asked to go and get the golden plates from Laban. He responded with faith. 1 Nephi 3:7:
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
(http://new.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/3?lang=eng)
   For the lord gives us a way, in which we can obey what He has commanded us to do even though it seems hard. In Ether 12 he says:
27And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
   When we humbly ask for the Lord's help, He strengthens our weaknesses so that we may do all that He expects us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment